Frequently Asked Questions for Microsoft 365
What is the difference between Office 365 and Microsoft 365?
Office 365 is a suite of cloud-based productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Yammer, OneNote, etc.
Microsoft 365, however, is a combination of services that blends together Office 365, Windows 10 OS, and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
Watch this short infocast from our Modern Workplace Specialist Andrew MacKenzie explaining the difference between the two Microsoft products.
What is the difference between Microsoft 365 Business Basic, Standard, and Premium?
The biggest difference lies in the availability of desktop applications and security features. Microsoft Business Basic only offers web-based applications.
Microsoft Business Standard and Premium allow users to locally install Office apps.
Business Premium has additional advanced security and device management features.
For a complete comparison of the features, visit this page or contact us at 1800 126 499 for further assistance.
I’ve migrated to Microsoft 365. What other apps can I use in my subscription?
Available on your Microsoft 365 Business or Enterprise subscription are several useful productivity apps that can help make work a lot easier for you. Apart from the popular and often-used Microsoft Office apps like Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, there are a few more that you need to be aware of.
- SharePoint for content management, company-wide collaboration and workflow automation.
- Teams for chat, conference calls, online meetings, or real-time collaboration.
- Power Apps and Power Automate for business process automation.
- Power BI for data visualisation and analytics.
- OneDrive for Business for secure file storage and sharing in the cloud.
- Yammer for company-wide informal communications.
- Planner for assigning and monitoring tasks.
- Stream for storing and playing your corporate videos.
- Forms for online surveys and polls.
If you’re an existing PA client, we can help you discover these apps through our scheduled quarterly consulting visits or simply call us at 1800 126 499 to speak to a consultant.
Is there a not-for-profit pricing for Microsoft 365?
Yes, there is. Not-for-profit organisations can benefit from lower Microsoft 365 subscription fees. Eligible NFPs can also take advantage of Microsoft 365 Business Premium software grant for up to 10 licenses, and discounted additional per user license.
If this is your first time to take advantage of Microsoft's not-for-profit offers, we recommend visiting these sites:
- Check your eligibility here.
- Register here to gain access to the benefits.
- Learn more about our Microsoft 365 not-for-profit consulting services and how we can help here.
Can I buy the Microsoft 365 components separately?
Yes, you can still purchase Windows OS, Office 365, and Enterprise Mobility + Security Suite a la carte. You can purchase them through a Microsoft Tier 1 CSP CSP such as Professional Advantage.
However, it is more cost-effective to purchase Microsoft 365 Business or Enterprise SKUs as it already bundles several apps and solutions that would otherwise be more expensive when bought separately.
To determine the more appropriate licensing structure for you, please call 1800 126 499or email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to help you make sense of your Microsoft 365 licensing needs.
Is Microsoft 365 free?
No, it is not. Microsoft 365 users need to pay for its subscription fee either monthly or annually. You may source your subscription either direct to Microsoft which you can pay through credit card or via Professional Advantage, where we bill you every month.
Is there a free trial on Microsoft 365?
Yes, there is a trial version for Microsoft 365 which you can use for testing purposes for 30 days. You can try it for free here.
What services in Microsoft 365 does Professional Advantage offer?
Professional Advantage can assist in the following services related to Microsoft 365:
- License subscription.
- User provisioning.
- Mailbox and file migration.
- Microsoft Teams deployment.
- Custom development for SharePoint and Power Apps.
- Reporting and analytics on Power BI.
- Integration of various Microsoft applications.
- Security and governance.
- Change management and user adoption.
- Post-production support.