Why should I use SharePoint instead of a file share?
File shares are clunky, harder to find the information that you need, doesn't provide an audit trail or secure file sharing. SharePoint on the other hand has:
- Co-authoring - update the same document with your teammates at the same time.
- Version Control - see what modifications were done on your document by whom and when.
- Powerful Search - lets you find the information that you need in mere seconds.
- Secure file sharing and storage - store your files in a secure site and share them only with people who have access to your team site.
- Real-time collaboration - collaborate on documents with colleagues in real-time.
- Access your files anytime, anywhere, on any device.
You can read more about the advantages of using SharePoint instead of a file share in one of our blogs here.