Microsoft Dynamics GP System Administration
Modify, Maintain and Manage your Dynamics GP system …
Duration: 1 Day
Your Dynamics GP system will be configured for your specific needs when you start using the application, but do you have the knowledge and understanding of how the system is configured to be able to adequately manage the system for your organisation?
Prerequisites: Windows knowledge. Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Who should attend: Anyone within your organisation responsible for administering your Dynamics GP application
What you will learn:
- Identify the role of the system administrator within the organisation.
- Understand key system and company setup options including registration keys, credit cards, payment terms and financial periods.
- Understand the major security shift that has occurred with the introduction of role-based security providing one security platform to manage users of web services, Business Portal, and Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Describe the differences in posting setup options and how this affects the flow of data throughout the system. Check and modify posting reports and accounts.
- Setup new fiscal and tax periods.
- Recognise when you need to run checklinks and reconcile procedures and the impact this may have on databases.
- Setup advanced lookups.
- Customise your Smartlist application to provide appropriate data and security to meet company reporting needs.
- Understand your SQL server management environment so as to be able to identify Dynamics GP databases and dictionaries, create and restore backups and restore the live company into a test database.
- Understand what is required when setting up a new workstation.
- Import modified reports into a reports dictionary.
Download for more course info
Thank you for your enquiry. You'll be contacted shortly.