Microsoft Dynamics GP Project Accounting - Setup
Improve Management of Your Projects…
Duration: 1-1.5 days depending on customer requirements
This course will show how to Setup Project Accounting options
and defaults to best suit your company's requirements. It will also
help you acquire the skills to create Contracts and Projects. The
interaction between Project Accounting with other Great Plains
modules will also be covered.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of Windows and internal processes. Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Who should attend: Anyone associated with Projects eg. System administrators, accountants, assistant accountants and clerks who setup Projects.
What you will learn:
- Understand how Project Accounting works after a complete overview of project hierarchy and project, profit and billing types. Determine a Project or Contract status. Understand the range of Accounting Methods available.
- Create Security Settings for Project Accounting Users. Setup User Classes and specific User options for Project.
- Understand the relevance of Posting account selection in Project Accounting for both cost budgets and fees.
- Setup Project Accounting default options for cost transactions and billings.
- Perform Project maintenance by creating Cost Categories, Fees, Rate Tables, assigning debtors and creditors to Project Accounting. Create Change Order Settings. Understand Project classes.
- Create and apply Contract Templates.
- Create a Contract and enter additional information such as Change Order information and contract settings.
- Create a Project and enter all the additional details required to ensure successful tracking of a projects' profitability.
Thank you for your enquiry. You'll be contacted shortly.