Are the document Management features in SharePoint Foundation the same in SharePoint Enterprise and Standard?
Basic document management is available in SharePoint Foundation. This includes basic tagging, versioning, approval capabilities check-in & out, co-authoring and browser based editing of documents.
However, often it's the enterprise features that really make the difference. These features include:
- Document Sets to group documents together with common tags and workflows
- Built in self service approval workflows
- Records management capabilities
- Central management of tags and classifications
- Information Management Policies for automated renewals and expiry of documents
- Content routing for better email integration and central document handling