The latest version of Microsoft’s end-to-end financial management platform, Dynamics GP, will be available from Professional Advantage around May 2016.
Microsoft says Dynamics GP 2016 will offer improved cloud support, workflow enhancements and a more intuitive user experience.
The release will also introduce a HTML5 web browser client to support flexible and mobile work. The web browser client eliminates the need for the Silverlight plugin, so Dynamics GP will work on any HTML5-supported browser, including Chrome, Firefox and Safari. It will also support non-Windows operating systems like Android and iOS.
This means that for the first time, users will be able to run full Dynamics GP on a tablet or smartphone, regardless of device.
Other Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 highlights include:
- All-in-one document viewer
- Import and export SmartLists from one install to another
- Create a new SmartList from a favourite using SmartList Designer
- View Power BI reports on the homepage
- When exporting to Excel, automatically format numbers as numbers, not text
- Create more comprehensive budget import exception reports
- Set up workflow reassignment notifications for delegations, escalations and alternate approvals
- Access reports over a secure connection through https support for Management Reporter
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 builds on the success Dynamics GP 2015 R2, released in mid-2015. Like its predecessor, many of Dynamics GP 2016’s features are said to be influenced by client and vendor feedback.
Also like its predecessor, Dynamics GP 2016 will be available on premise or in the cloud. The benefits of cloud deployment include fixed monthly pricing, flexible licensing options and the lowest total cost of ownership in the accounting system market.
No matter which deployment method you choose, it’s only a few months before Dynamics GP 2016 is ready to help grow your business. Start planning your upgrade with Australia’s largest Dynamics GP partner today. Call Professional Advantage on 1800 126 499.