About Anglicare Central Queensland
Since the turn of the century, Anglicare has provided care to the community across the greater central Queensland region. Spread across twelve offices, their two hundred employees and numerous volunteers provide much needed housing, disability services, mental health support, child protection and youth services across a 600,000 square km territory.
With annual funding having grown to over $13 million, Anglicare works in partnership with the Anglican Church and state and federal governments to carry out its charter.
Anglicare faced a number of challenges in having to manage over eighty unique, funded programs. Tracking funding grants, reporting against each grant and importing data in an efficient and timely manner were top of priority. "We simply outgrew MYOB and needed a financial management system that offered the breadth and depth to manage growth and our evolving requirements," said Grant Taylor, Operations Manager at Anglicare Central Queensland.
Limited transparency over the purchasing process triggered Anglicare's pursuit to find more efficient ways to manage their spending. Management struggled to align expenditure to program budgets, and limited supplier analysis led to inefficiencies in supplier agreements. Adding to this the never ending paper trail and purchase-order-chasing treadmill, Anglicare's decision to implement iPOS eProcurement for Infor FMS SunSystems made sense.
Challenges to overcome
- Rapid growth by way of additional funded programs
- Difficulty analysing the organisation's performance on multiple levels
- Inflexible reporting capabilities
- Limited insight into the organisation's supplier base
- Manually intensive financial processes
- Cumbersome bank reconciliation and end of month processes
- Limited transparency over purchasing
- Not well defined procedures
- Enforcement of organisational policy
- Too many spreadsheets
Anglicare Central Queensland reviewed several options. "We choseInfor FMS SunSystems and iPOS based on other successful implementations under the Anglicare banner - and Professional Advantage - based on their proven implementation experience," said Lance Lapthorn, Finance Manager. "We were very impressed with their ability to understand our needs and demonstrate Infor FMS SunSystems' flexibility and the likely final outcome,"he added.
- Automated and highly efficient financial processes
- Budgets can be proactively managed and analysed at a program-line level
- Comprehensive and rapid reporting
- Accurate and extensive analysis
- Transparency over purchasing
- Better control of financial operations
- Less dependence on spreadsheets
"Professional Advantage's implementation team was wonderful in helping us through the highs and the lows during the entire process."
Grant Taylor, Operations ManagerAnglicare Central Queensland
Anglicare Central Queensland is committed to innovative business process improvement. The finance team has already identified budgeting and forecasting, expense management and business process management as future candidates for efficiency gains. Professional Advantage and Anglicare look forward to working together on the next project.